While training a sheepdog, the proprietor of Tine & Floyd noticed that fleeces were being used as dog bedding. The trainer explained that wool prices were so low that shearing costs couldn’t be recouped. What’s more, there was little demand for colored wool from rare breeds. “I pondered about that for a while, and after a few months decided that I would take Sarah’s output the following year and see whether I could promote the wool and turn my crafting into a business.” Tine & Floyd colorways lean toward cooler colors in bases from lace to super bulky.https://www.tineandfloyd.co.uk
Some items featured on Yarn Database may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Yarn Fiber: BFL, Corriedale, Icelandic, Merino, Mohair, Ryeland, Silk, Tussah Silk, Wool
- Yarn Weight: Aran, Bulky, DK, Fingering, Lace, Super Bulky, Worsted
- Color Style: Marled, Semi-Solid/Tonal, Variegated
- Dye Type: Acid, Undyed
- Fiber Origin: Europe, UK
- Spinning Fiber in: Batts, Pencil Roving, Roving
- Spinning Fiber: Alpaca, Bamboo, Banana, BFL, Corriedale, Cotton, Linen, Merino, Mohair, North Ronaldsay, Romney, Silk, Teeswater, Wensleydale, Wool
- Local Fiber