Lauren McElroy is a multidisciplinary fiber artist currently working in fashion design, an at home dye studio, at their spinning wheel and on themselves. “Integrity in how I show up in the world in relationship to all that is, and the love of textiles, is at the center of Mother of Purl. It spirals into all that is created here,” Lauren says. “When you use a Mother of Purl pattern you are getting an experience that is meant to help you learn about your own intuitive knitting style and inspire experimentation. I write patterns in a made-to-measure format. The algorithms are provided for you, and you will have to take your own measurements, make a gauge swatch, and do some LIGHT math.” Yarns are handspun from local wool. Some are botanically dyed.https://motherofpurl.net
Follow on Twitter: @MotherOfPurll1
Follow on Instagram: @MotherOfPurll1
Some items featured below may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income from any sales.
Sample Pattern GalleryTo see all patterns by this designer, use the URL above.
Below are photos of a few representative patterns (with direct links to pattern pages) to give you a sense of the designer's work.
Sample Yarn/Fiber GalleryTo see all yarn/fiber by this maker, use the URL above.
These photos are presented to illustrate the maker's personal style and color aesthetic. They may not reflect current stock.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Pattern Format: PDF Patterns
- Patterns for: Cowls, Garments, Hats, Shawls
- Size Range: Adults, Adults to 44”/112 cm, Adults to 54”/137cm, Adults to 64”/163cm, Adults to 74”+/188cm+, Children
- Techniques: Knitted Colorwork, Knitted Lace, Knitting
- Yarn Fiber: BFL, Churro, Merino, Tunis, Wool
- Yarn Weight: Aran, Bulky, Chunky, Handspun, Worsted
- Color Style: Marled, Semi-Solid/Tonal, Variegated
- Dye Type: Acid, Botanical, Natural, Undyed
- Fiber Origin: US
- Spinning Fiber in: Batts, Roving, Top
- Spinning Fiber: BFL, Merino, Polwarth, Rambouillet, Wool
- Local Fiber, Unique Batches
- This Business is: BIPOC-Owned, LGBTQIA-Owned