Amsterdam dyer Aiden Sielias (they/them pronouns) started Undercover Otter in 2011, when they started hand-dyeing yarn, initially for themselves. As their skills improved and methods got more refined, they received custom orders. The enjoyment Aiden got from experimenting with fibers, yarn and colors made them decide to start their own business. In 2018, Aiden quit their office job and became a full-time indie dyer.https://www.undercoverotter.com
Follow on Instagram: @Undercover_Otter
Follow on Facebook: @UndercoverOtter
Some items featured below may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income.
Sample Yarn/Fiber GalleryTo see all yarn/fiber by this maker, use the URL above.
These photos are presented to illustrate the maker's personal style and color aesthetic. They may not reflect current stock.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Yarn Fiber: Corriedale, Exmoor BF, Highland, Merino, Wool, Zwartbles
- Yarn Weight: Aran, DK, Fingering, Sport
- Color Style: Marled, Semi-Solid/Tonal, Solids, Variegated
- Dye Type: Acid
- Spinning Fiber in: Batts, Roving
- Spinning Fiber: Bamboo, BFL, Corriedale, Jacob, Merino, Mohair, Silk, Wool
- Embroidery Thread, Mini Skeins, Unique Batches
- This Business is: LGBTQIA-Owned