Tom and Cindy Garland are the Illinois dyers at Stunning String. “It’s an exciting adventure, and one we fully appreciate. Every day we get to come to work and play with yarn and color. We love what we do.” Cindy says. Stunning String dyes on dozens of bases. Its yarn was featured in Nancy Bates’ Knitting the National Parks book of 63 colorwork hats. Kits are available, along with Cindy’s pattern designs. Stunning String also dyes custom colorways.https://www.stunningstring.com
Follow on Instagram: @StunningString
Follow on Facebook: @StunningString
Some items featured on Yarn Database may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income.
Sample Pattern GalleryTo see all patterns by this designer, use the URL above.
Below are photos of a few representative patterns (with direct links to pattern pages) to give you a sense of the designer's work.
Sample Yarn/Fiber GalleryTo see all yarn/fiber by this maker, use the URL above.
These photos are presented to illustrate the maker's personal style and color aesthetic. They may not reflect current stock.
Hot Air Balloon
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Pattern Format: PDF Patterns, Printed Patterns
- Patterns for: Bags, Cowls, Hats, Shawls, Socks
- Size Range: Adults, Adults to 44”/112 cm, Adults to 54”/137cm, Adults to 64”/163cm
- Techniques: Knitted Colorwork, Knitted Lace, Knitting
- Yarn Fiber: Bamboo, BFL, Bison, Merino, Mohair, Peru. Highland, Silk, Wool
- Yarn Weight: Aran, DK, Fingering, Lace, Sport, Worsted
- Color Style: Hand-Painted, Semi-Solid/Tonal, Tweed, Variegated
- Dye to Order, Mini Skeins