Sophie is the Somerset dyer behind Pixie Yarn. Inspirations include “films, packaging, songs, nature and the landscape,” Sophie says. “Some colorways I have dreamt, others just pop into my head. Custom orders have led me into areas of the color wheel that I may not have instinctively explored. Whether it’s the perfect custom fade for a jumper, collaboration for a new design, a guest sock club spot or a birthday yarn for my LYS, being able to share my love for color with yarn friends and create something unique is the cat’s meow.” Pixie Yarn also offers beautiful spinning fiber, including art batts.https://www.pixieyarn.co.uk
Follow on Twitter: @PixieYarn
Follow on Instagram: @PixieYarn
Follow on Facebook: @PixieYarn
Some items featured below may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income.
Sample Yarn/Fiber GalleryTo see all yarn/fiber by this maker, use the URL above.
These photos are presented to illustrate the maker's personal style and color aesthetic. They may not reflect current stock.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Yarn Fiber: Alpaca, Bamboo, Merino, Mohair, Mulberry Silk, Silk, Wool, Yak
- Yarn Weight: Aran, Chunky, DK, Fingering, Lace, Sport, Worsted
- Color Style: Semi-Solid/Tonal, Tweed, Variegated
- Dye Type: Acid
- Fiber Origin: Europe, New Zealand, S. America
- Spinning Fiber in: Batts, Roving, Top
- Spinning Fiber: Corriedale, Merino, Nylon, Polwarth, Rambouillet, Wool
- Dye to Order, Mini Skeins, Unique Batches