As the farm’s name suggests, Karen, the dyer at Avalon Springs Farm, has a penchant for Arthurian legend. Base names and patterns by a variety of designers carry the theme through. Avalon Springs Farm creates a wide variety of yarns and fiber, some from their own flock. “Our approach to production is to find the best match for each kind of fiber and each individual fleece,” says the website. “Some fleeces are meant to be roving, and some are meant to be yarn. Some are meant to be shown off for their natural color and others a catalyst for Karen’s dye work.”https://www.avalonspringsfarm.com
Some items featured below may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Yarn Fiber: Alpaca, Bamboo, Merino, Mohair, Silk, Tussah Silk, Wool
- Yarn Weight: Bulky, DK, Fingering, Jumbo+, Sport, Super Bulky, Worsted
- Color Style: Marled, Semi-Solid/Tonal, Variegated
- Dye Type: Acid
- Fiber Origin: N. America, US
- Spinning Fiber in: Pre-drafts, Roving
- Spinning Fiber: Alpaca, Bamboo, Camel, Cotton, Llama, Merino, Mohair, Silk, Wool
- Local Fiber, Unique Batches