Ash Alberg of Sunflower Knit is “a queer femme and fibre witch who helps fellow fibre witches to connect, create, and get confident.” Ash’s shop offers amazing natural dyed yarn, and beautiful patterns for socks and shawls, among other things. Gorgeous semi-solid Canadian wool, ethically sourced and fairly compensated. Ash scours and mordants every skein before dyeing them with natural dyes, including homegrown, foraged, and redirected food waste from local farms. Ash finishes the process off by handwriting every label to indicate their dye and mordant journeys.https://ashalberg.com
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Yarn Fiber: Corriedale, Cotswold, Finn, Rambouillet, Suffolk, Targhee, Wool
- Yarn Weight: Aran, DK, Fingering, Worsted
- Color Style: Semi-Solid/Tonal
- Fiber Origin: Canada, N. America
- Local Fiber
- This Business is: LGBTQ+ Owned