Everything by The Old Horizon is handmade and designed by Emma Gaffney in the Peak District. You’ll find hand-dyed yarns in a range of weights and colors, handmade buttons, knit and crochet kits, and patterns. “My patterns are primarily for babies and children,” Emma says, “but there’s also patterns in sizes newborn to adult. All my patterns feature photo and video tutorials for techniques and stitches featuring in them so the patterns are as helpful as possible.”https://theoldhorizon.com
Follow on Instagram: @TheOldHorizon
Some items featured below may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income.
Sample Pattern GalleryTo see all patterns by this designer, use the URL above.
Below are photos of a few representative patterns (with direct links to pattern pages) to give you a sense of the designer's work.
Sample Yarn/Fiber GalleryTo see all yarn/fiber by this maker, use the URL above.
These photos are presented to illustrate the maker's personal style and color aesthetic. They may not reflect current stock.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Pattern Format: PDF Booklets, PDF Patterns
- Patterns for: Blankets, Garments, Hats, Misc. Home, Mittens
- Size Range: Adults, Babies, Children
- Techniques: Crochet, Knitting
- Pattern Features: Charts and Written, Video Support
- Yarn Fiber: Merino, Wool
- Yarn Weight: Chunky, DK, Fingering
- Color Style: Hand-Painted, Semi-Solid/Tonal, Tweed, Variegated
- Dye Type: Acid
- Fiber Origin: S. America, UK
- Local Fiber