UK designer Elizabeth Lovick says, “I was taught to knit by my Cornish grandmother when very young and kept myself in clothes through school by knitting arans for friends! … I design, write and knit, specializing in designs bringing the patterns of the Northern Isles to a new audience. Almost all the time, I will have three projects on the go – one gansey, one piece of lace and one Fair Isle – and other ideas sketched out in my head and on paper.”https://northernlace.co.uk
Sample Pattern GalleryTo see all patterns by this designer, use the URL above.
Below are photos of a few representative patterns (with direct links to pattern pages) to give you a sense of the designer's work.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Pattern Format: PDF Booklets, PDF Patterns
- Patterns for: Blankets, Cowls, Garments, Gloves, Hats, Misc. Home, Mittens, Mitts, Scarves, Shawls, Skirts, Socks
- Size Range: Adults, Adults to 44”/112 cm, Adults to 54”/137cm, Babies, Children
- Techniques: Knitted Cables, Knitted Colorwork, Knitted Lace, Knitting
- Pattern Features: Charts and Written