UK designer Elizabeth Lovick says, “I was taught to knit by my Cornish grandmother when very young and kept myself in clothes through school by knitting arans for friends! … I design, write and knit, specializing in designs bringing the patterns of the Northern Isles to a new audience. Almost all the time, I will have three projects on the go – one gansey, one piece of lace and one Fair Isle – and other ideas sketched out in my head and on paper.”https://northernlace.co.uk
Some items featured below may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income.
Sample Pattern GalleryTo see all patterns by this designer, use the URL above.
Below are photos of a few representative patterns (with direct links to pattern pages) to give you a sense of the designer's work.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Pattern Format: PDF Booklets, PDF Patterns
- Patterns for: Blankets, Cowls, Garments, Gloves, Hats, Misc. Home, Mittens, Mitts, Scarves, Shawls, Skirts, Socks
- Size Range: Adults, Adults to 44”/112 cm, Adults to 54”/137cm, Babies, Children
- Techniques: Knitted Cables, Knitted Colorwork, Knitted Lace, Knitting
- Pattern Features: Charts and Written