Blackwattle Yarn and Fibre is the creation of Angela and Matthew Smith, which they run from Blackwattle Alpaca Farm in New South Wales, Australia. “Our farm and yarn businesses are named after the truly gorgeous, black wattle trees that grow across our property,” they say. “We started our alpaca fiber love affair following the purchase of two alpacas, when we moved to the farm in 2008. The alpaca numbers grew quickly, and we now run a herd of about 70 alpacas.” Blackwattle products are available on the website and through retailers in Australia, Germany and the US.https://blackwattleyarn.com.au
Some items featured below may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income from any sales.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Yarn Fiber: Alpaca, BFL, Cashmere, Hemp, Merino, Mulberry Silk, Silk
- Yarn Weight: DK, Fingering, Lace, Sport
- Color Style: Hand-Painted, Semi-Solid/Tonal, Variegated
- Dye Type: Acid, Undyed
- Fiber Origin: Australia
- Spinning Fiber in: Pre-drafts, Roving, Slivers, Unprocessed Fleece
- Spinning Fiber: Alpaca, Corriedale, Merino, Mulberry Silk, Polwarth, Silk, Wool
- Local Fiber