The Ross Farm, raises sheep, cattle, turkeys, hogs, and miniature Mediterranean donkeys. “We concentrate on ‘heritage breeds’ instead of the more common commercial breeds that you’ll find at other farms,” the website says. “We find the old breeds to be more attractive, disease resistant, and just generally more interesting.” Yarn and fiber are undyed, though the site sells dyed yarn and fiber from other makers. Note: Kits may come with a Ravelry download, so do inquire if you cannot use Ravelry. Some kit pages include a URL link to Ravelry.https://www.therossfarm.com
Some items featured on Yarn Database may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Yarn Fiber: BFL, Cheviot, Corriedale, Cotswold, Gulf Coast, Jacob, Leicester, Romeldale, Romney, Shetland, Wool
- Yarn Weight: DK, Fingering, Lace, Sport, Worsted
- Dye Type: Acid, Undyed
- Fiber Origin: US
- Spinning Fiber in: Roving, Top, Unprocessed Fleece
- Spinning Fiber: Cheviot, Cotswold, CVM, Dorset Horn, Florida Cracker, Hog Island, Jacob, Leicester, Merino, Shetland, Tunis
- Local Fiber
- This Business is: A Family Farm