Lauren McElroy runs home-based Mother of Purl in “rural Wisconsin, the occupied land that is the traditional and ancestral home of the oceti sakowin, ho-chunk, sauk and meskwaki peoples.” Lauren’s website says, “I am designing and knitting every day. I am dyeing wool and spinning daily. I am sharing my unique perspective on knitwear design and offering it to the world. Being someone with an intersection of many identities, it is important that my artwork is for the liberation of all oppressed people and the uplifting of my ancestors.” Lauren processes the fleeces, hand-dyes the yarn, and hand-spins each skein.https://www.motherofpurl.net
Some items featured below may include affiliate links. Yarn Database earns a commission from these links that is used to further this site's goals of inclusivity and accessibility. This commission does not affect the seller's income.
FeaturesThis maker's artistry has the following features. To see other makers in this database who offer the same features, click the links below.
- Yarn Fiber: Alpaca, Bamboo, BFL, Corriedale, Cotton, Merino, Mohair, Romney, Shetland, Silk, Wensleydale, Wool
- Yarn Weight: Aran, DK, Sport, Worsted
- Color Style: Marled, Variegated
- Dye Type: Acid, Botanical, Natural, Undyed
- Fiber Origin: N. America, US
- Local Fiber, Unique Batches
- This Business is: BIPOC-Owned, LGBTQIA-Owned